Become a Web Developer Online in 24 Weeks
Online Baltimore Web Development Boot Camp
Web development is a fast-growing career track, and The Coding Boot Camp at Johns Hopkins Engineering teaches you the specialized skills to tap into this rewarding industry. With an interactive virtual classroom environment, extensive support, and collaboration with your classmates, you will get hands-on experience in full stack web development.
Full stack engineer and back end developer ranked among LinkedIn’s top 15 emerging jobs for 2020, with 35% and 30% annual growth respectively.
The Coding Boot Camp at Johns Hopkins Engineering was designed to help equip you with the latest front and back end web development skills to tap into this growing field.
Learn How To Code
- Maintain your current work schedule by studying part-time, with convenient evening and weekend classes.
- Gain access to continuation courses that cover additional in-demand technologies, including Python, Java, C#, and Amazon Web Services.
- Simulate a professional work environment by teaming up with your peers on real-world projects and build complex applications that will bolster your professional portfolio.
- Earn a Certificate of Completion showcasing your accomplishments to future employers.
- Benefit from a wide set of career services: resume and social media support, technical interview preparation, portfolio reviews, soft skills training, coaching, and more to help you launch or advance your career.
As you embark on this 24-week journey, you’ll dive into a challenging curriculum that covers a full stack:
Progressive Web Apps
Learning to code is an intensive undertaking. If you are eager to expand your knowledge and join the tech world, seeking to advance or change careers, and most importantly: ready to roll up your sleeves and work HARD…then our program could be right for you. The majority of our learners are:
- Those looking to find a new career or company — or make the move from a non-technical position to a technical one.
- Those who are interested in freelancing to supplement their current income — or contribute in a bigger way in their current job.
- Those seeking to learn the skills to execute an entrepreneurial idea and build their own product.
- Those with the ambition to grow in their knowledge or add to their skill set while in college.
Learn In-Demand Skills
Our curriculum covers front end and back end technologies*, and you will successfully complete the program with the skills needed to become a full-stack web developer:
- Databases (MySQL, MongoDB)
- Server Side Development (MERN Stack, Progressive Web Applications)
- Deployment/Command-Line Fundamentals (Heroku, Git)
- API Interaction (API, JSON, AJAX)
- Quality Assurance (Unit Testing, Linting, Continuous Integration)
- Supplemental Self-Study Topics (Python, Java, C#, Amazon Web Services)
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Coding Boot Camp Schedule
Part-Time Coding Program
- 24-week online format
- Available wherever you are
- Convenient live online classes three days per week on evenings and weekends
Frequently Asked Questions
While some background in coding is helpful, no experience is needed as long as you are dedicated and eager to learn. Our pre-course tutorials will help you prepare for our program.
No, applicants to The Coding Boot Camp at Johns Hopkins Engineering do not need to be Johns Hopkins University students. This program is offered through Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering.
The cost of both the part-time program is $10,995*. Scholarships and payment plans are available for those who qualify.
*Tuition is subject to change